1. For the purpose of these conditions, ‘The Company’ shall be deemed to refer to ‘The Live Box’ and ‘The Hirer’ to an individual, partnership or company who shall enter into any agreement with The Live Box. This contract shall be governed by English Law.
2. All equipment remains the property of the Company.
3. All equipment is Data Tagged.
4. Hire charges are based on the period of the contract irrespective of whether or not the equipment is in use.
5. Before issuing any equipment for hire the Company will require payment of the full hire charges in advance. Similarly, the Company will require a deposit from the Hirer which may be a sum up to the full replacement cost of the equipment hired. This will be held and only credited back to the hirer once all equipment is returned on time and in the same condition.
6. The Hirer must provide 3 forms of identification in order to hire equipment, we require a British Passport or Drivers Licence and two utility bills dated within the last three months confirming the Hirer’s address. If the hire is for DJ equipment we also require delivery and collection to the hirers registered address or a business address registered with Companies House (the hirer will not be able to collect the equipment).
7. Hire commences upon collection from or delivery by the Company and ceases upon return to or collection by the Company. Equipment is not regarded as returned until it is checked and inspected by an authorised member of the Company’s staff.
8. Equipment hired will be entirely at the Hirer’s risk for theft, loss or damage thereto howsoever arising. The Hirer undertakes responsibility for insuring the equipment against ‘all-risks’ to the full replacement value. Any theft loss or damage to the equipment is to be reimbursed to the Company by the Hirer to the full replacement value thereof.
9. The Hirer is required to ensure that the equipment is not vulnerable to theft, damage or adverse environmental elements such as excess heat, humidity, coldness, moisture, liquids or dust. Any resulting damage to equipment will be passed on to the Hirer along with downtime of potential hire periods.
10. Any damage to, or failure of, or defects in any equipment must be notified to the Company within 24hrs of its occurrence, and be confirmed in writing within three days of initial notification. In the absence of such notification the Hirer will be charged the cost of repair or replacement.
11. Failure to return the equipment on the specified date will result in additional daily rental charges regardless of original hire period.
12. If overdue charges are not paid when requested the Company reserves the right to repossess the hired items and will not be liable for any damage or loss which may be suffered by the Hirer as a consequence of any such repossession.
13. The Hirer will be responsible for ensuring that any relevant regulations, rules or statutory provisions governing, or relating to, the use of the hired equipment are complied with during the period of hire and the Company in no way assumes liability for the consequence of any non-compliance with any such regulations, rules or statutory provisions.
14. Equipment will be supplied to the Hirer in normal working order, the Company’s liability for any defect, or failure of the equipment hired is limited to the rectification of any defect or failure arising from normal usage.
15. The Hirer undertakes to ensure the the Company’s equipment shall not be used for any purpose beyond it’s capacity or in any manner likely to result in undue deterioration of the equipment.
16. The Company cannot be held responsible for any injuries to personnel or damage to property consequential to and arising from any improper use of the equipment by the Hirer, during the hire period.
17. The Company cannot be held responsible for sound quality from the equipment operated by third parties (i.e. engineers of the Hirer of acts employed by the Hirer).
18. The equipment must not be altered by the Hirer or modified in any way. In particular, cables must not be cut and plugs and sockets must not be rewired by the Hirer. Any equipment found to have been modified or in any way altered and any cables or components found to have been damaged by cutting or attempts at modification will be charged at replacement price upon return.
19. The Hirer will be responsible for advising the Company as to the location of the ‘dry hired’ equipment during the period of hire and in any change of location.
20. No equipment hired from the Company may be taken outside the Mainland of Great Britain, either to any offshore island or to any foreign country without the written consent of the Company.
21. It is an express condition of the hire that the Hirer shall not offer for hire to any third party or parties any equipment which is the property of the Company, without the written consent of the Company.
22. In the event of any equipment ordered not being available for the hire through circumstances beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to substitute equipment of similar quality for all or part of the duration of the hire period.
23. No information or data contained in any of the Company’s catalogues or price lists shall be deemed to constitute any part of a contract hire, such information being for the purpose of general description only.
24. Any information regarding value, size, weight, protection or suitable transport must be made at the time of booking and not on the hire date.
25. Cancellation Policy
Should this Hire Agreement be cancelled by the Hirer the following cancellation fee will apply. All cancellations must be received in writing from the client and will be deemed to take effect from the date of receipt.
- More than 120 working days prior to the event date: Nil
- 120 to 61 working days prior to the event date: 50% of the total hire fee is due
- 60 to 31 working days prior to the event date: 80% of the total hire fee is due
- 31 working days or less prior to the event date: 100% of the total hire fee is due
26. All The Live Box services are covered by £5 Million public liability insurance. The Live Box or any of their employees, agents or sub-contractors are not under any liability whatsoever for any personal injury or death caused during the period of the hire, where the incident is caused by the negligence or inappropriate behaviour of participants, Hirer or guest.